As a big fan of alternative music as well as pop-rock, folk and punk infused atmospheres, Pascale Picard is a singer-songwriter who delivers her compositions with an energy that is as powerful as her voice. However, fall 2004 was memorable in her early course, since it was during a stint for Quebec TV show Les Pourris de talent,
aired on MusiquePlus, that Pascale was finally revealed to all! In the crowd and at home, reactions were immediate. Pascale was a contestant that, without a doubt, made an impression! After numerous shows across Quebec, the band’s chemistry solidified and they quietly prepared the material of what would later become Me, Myself & Us
, recorded at Wildsky studio in 2007. The album was arranged and produced by the Grand brothers (Bran Van 3000, Cirque du Soleil), and later mastered by Vlado Meller (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Metallica) at Sony Music Studios in New York. This first album has been truly successful both in Quebec and in France, and has allowed Pascale Picard a stunning take off on the Quebec music scene.
Four years and two Felix awards later, Picard began a second adventure with Philippe Morissette on bass, at her side since the beginning, Marc Chartrain on drums, with the release of A Letter To No One
in May 2011. The enviable reputation acquired with those two successful albums gave her the opportunity to be selected as the interpreter for the third season’s soundtrack of a very popular TV series in Quebec, Trauma
Spring 2014, Pascale Picard comes back stronger than ever with All Things Pass
. The songwriter joins a new team, Simone Records, to present her third album. Still rooted in pop-rock, she writes powerful and moving texts inspired by her personal experiences. The album was crafted in PikaBear and Wild studios, recorded and produced by Stéphane Rancourt, then moved to California, where it was mixed by Sheldon Gomberg (Ben Harper, Ryan Adams, She&Him) and mastered by Grammy Award’s winner Gavin Lurssen (Robert Plant, Queens of the Stone Age, Eric Clapton). The 10 songs gathered on this album paint a portrait of Pascale’s artistic path. She uses refreshing melodies as a canvas, drawing upon her own vulnerability and bittersweet memories to create her intimate texts.
- April 8th: Release of the new album All Things Pass
- February 19th: Release of the single Runaway
- Release of the soundtrack Trauma (season 3)
- Release of her second album, A Letter To No One.
- Winner of the Felix award for the most successful Quebec artist outside of Quebec
- Winner of the Felix award for Quebec artist - Interpretation in another language at the ADISQ gala.
- Nominated at the Juno's in the Artist of the Year category.
- August-December: Canadian Tour.
- July 20: Opening act for Paul McCartney on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City.
- June: Release of the album Me, Myself & Us in France.
- January: Performance at the Marché international du disque et de l'édition musicale (MIDEM, International market for the record industry and musical publishing) in Cannes.
- Nominated at the ADISQ gala in the category Album of the Year - Anglophone.
- November: Album certified platinum, 100,000 copies sold. (The album sold 300,000 copies in Quebec and Europe.)
- April: Release of the album Me, Myself & Us
- First appearance as a band on the TV show Les Pourris de Talent (rotten by talent), aired on MusiquePlus.